How to spot when kids need glasses?
Being aware of your child’s overall eye health is important for their growth and development, and optimal vision is essential to the learning process. However, it can be difficult to tell if a child needs glasses, as they may not always realize that their vision is not normal. Here are some signs that a child may need glasses.
- If your kid is squinting frequently, it may be a sign that they are struggling to see clearly.
- Children who need glasses may experience frequent headaches, especially after reading or other activities that require visual focus.
- They may hold books, toys, or other objects very close to their face may be doing so because they are struggling to see them clearly.
- They might not be interested in activities that require visual focus, such as reading or drawing, it may be because they are having difficulty seeing clearly.
- Your kids may be experiencing shaking, crossing or drifting eyes.
If you see any of these symptoms in your child, they may need glasses. It is recommended that they are seen by an optometrist for a complete vision exam every year to make sure that the problems can be caught and corrected early.